Here at Ability Center, we’re dedicated to elevating your quality of life. That starts with elevating the quality of the services and products we provide to our community. As a leader in the wheelchair accessible vehicle industry, it’s our responsibility to uphold the highest standard and offer you the best, most reliable, most affordable transportation solutions available, from wheelchair accessible trucks and SUVs to scooters, equipment, and ramps.
In order to do this, we adhere to a few simple rules and guidelines. These guidelines help us ensure that no matter what location you visit, you can count on our Ability Center team members to give you a 5-star service you can trust. Here’s how we do it:
Quality Assurance Program
Ability Center participates in NMEDA’s Quality Assurance Program (QAP). This Quality Assurance Program is the only nationally recognized accreditation program for adaptive mobility equipment, handicap van conversions, wheelchair accessible cars and vans, lifts, and scooters.
Why should this matter to you? Our membership in this program holds us accountable to maintaining our deep commitment to providing industry-leading quality. As a member, we are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Committing to semi-annual inspections by a third-party engineering firm to ensure compliance with industry and federal requirements.
- Compliance with all National Safety Standards.
- Ensuring all technicians and welders are certified.
- Registering with the National Traffic Safety Administration as a licensed vehicle modifier.
These standards are used by the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association to ensure that dealers follow the highest quality practices in engineering, welding, installation, training, and more.
We’re proud to be one of the first mobility dealers in the nation to participate in and help establish these standards – and we carry that commitment to quality to every customer we serve. That means any time you work with one of our Ability Center certified Mobility Specialists, you can be confident that you’re getting the highest degree of professionalism and service on the market.
We’re committed to keeping our high-quality solutions affordable for all our customers – but how exactly do we do that?
When you purchase a wheelchair accessible vehicle from us (whether it’s new, used, minivan, or full-sized) you’ll automatically be enrolled in our Guardian Program.
This offers many additional benefits, such as:
- Free inspections every 6 months: Get free 43-point, bi-annual inspections that include cleaning and lube on all mobility equipment for as long as you own the vehicle.
- Factory-Trained & Certified Technicians: Our employees are specially certified to handle mobility equipment adaptations and maintenance.
- Preferred service appointment scheduling: As a Guardian Vehicle Program member, you’ll have preferred access to appointment times and scheduling.
- 24-hour emergency hotline: No matter what time you call, our Mobility Specialists will be there to pick up the phone.
- All DMV and title paperwork submitted: We’ll take the hassle out of filing and delivering paperwork – you just focus on getting back on the road!
- Wheelchair Accessible Van Rental program with preferred rental rates: $110/day discounted to $75/day (100 miles maximum).
One of our top priorities is making sure your wheelchair accessible vehicle keeps running smoothly, and we want you to feel confident in our maintenance and inspections. You don’t even have to worry about marking your calendar – we’ll help take the hassle out of vehicle upkeep by sending you friendly reminders when your bi-annual inspection is coming up.
Life happens, and sometimes your van or equipment may require a last-minute repair. Leave it all to us – we’ll help get you back on the road and running with no worries. Our certified technicians and welders double and triple-check every repair job as part of our Quality Assurance Program, meaning you’ll get an added level of confidence with any repair that is needed.
If you are ready to experience the difference that our dedication to quality can make, reach out to your local Ability Center dealer or start browsing our accessible vehicle inventory. Our team of Mobility Specialists are available in all 15 of our locations across the country and are ready to help you find the mobility solution that fits your needs.