Financing A Handicap Van or Mobility Equipment
We take the fuss out of financing your next wheelchair van, driving aid, or mobility lift
When it comes to financing a wheelchair accessible vehicle, you have options at Ability Center! Contact our Mobility Van Loan Department first! We'll provide advice on the rates, terms, manufacturer's offers, factory incentives, and more, that could affect the final cost of your vehicle, wheelchair van conversion or leasing options.
Additional opportunities to possibly reduce your costs include:
Our easy vehicle wheelchair van sales process is designed to get you driving quickly! Here's what we'll do for you:
- A doctor's prescription that may exempt your purchase from sales tax.
- Veterans Administration (Disabled Veterans Program) programs that cover all or part of your expenses, depending on your disability.
- Medicare may cover up to 80% of the cost of a new scooter or wheelchair.
- Your insurance company or workman's compensation policies may include coverage for creative mobility products for your type of disability.
- Possible income tax credits, check with your accountant.
- Contact State offices in Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona, including the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation
or the Division of Developmental Services, to determine eligibility for additional funding.
- Valuable rebate or incentive programs from handicap van and wheelchair van manufacturers.
- Clarify and define your financing options
- Complete and submit paperwork required by your financing company to write the check.
- Provide DMV licensing on wheelchair van purchases and trade-in handicap accessible vehicles.